12 October 2010
Project 2 warning on pruning results
I had a bug in my pruning, and wasn't pruning the right-most cells. (It was an off-by-one error.) Since English is mostly right-branching, the cells that touch the right edge (i.e., end of sentence) are incredibly important, so not pruning them makes life a lot better than otherwise. I'm working on fixing it right now and checking to make sure there aren't other bugs. I'll post a comment to this post when it's done and I've updated the results in the .pdf, but your pruning results should be much worse than what is in the writeup (i.e., with K=2, you should get no parse on 80-something sentences, and your f-score should be in the 10s or 20s).
Labels:
projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That confused me and my teammate for the whole weekend. But in the end we found out that doing ordinary pruning all the time except at the top level cell will "dramatically" boost the performance, which is really interesting.
ReplyDeleteSo, section 4 pruning implementation should not prune the rightmost cells. Am I correct??
ReplyDeleteYou *should* prune the right-most cells!
ReplyDelete