Hi all --
I figure you're likely to read to the end to find out about grades, so before I get to that, let me just take this chance to say that I really enjoyed this class this semester. You were all great. Everyone did awesome on both the final exam and final projects, and I'm really thrilled. If you couldn't tell already, I love language stuff and I encourage you all to continue on and learn everything there is to know. Philip is teaching the follow-on course in the Spring, which should be awesome. I'm also running an unofficial seminar on "Large Data" stuff in the spring; you can get more info here (sign up for the mailing list if you're interested). Anyway, I had a great time teaching; I hope you had fun in class.
Regarding grades, I need to submit them by midnight tonight. And since I don't plan on staying up until midnight, this really means tonight by about 11p.
I've posted "unofficial" grades on grades.cs.umd.edu, so you can see what your grade is. Note that the "total" column on that spreadsheet is completely misleading, since it doesn't include all the weirdo grading rules (dropping of worst projects/homeworks, inclusion of extra credit, etc.). I have all the numbers in a separate spreadsheet, so if something looks odd to you and you'd like the full computation, please let me know. It's of course possible to change grades later, but it's a pain, so I'd rather hear about any issues now.
That's it. Have a great break and I hope to see some of you again in the Spring!
-h
ps., per second comment below, I added an extra column, MyOverall. The grading is as follows:
98 = A+
95 = A
92 = A-
88 = B+
85 = B
82 = B-
78 = C+
75 = C
72 = C-
Note that your score will be exactly one of these numbers: This is just my way of encoding your grade. This isn't actually what your score was :).
Are you saying that a letter grade should be viewable on grades.cs, or just numbers? All I'm seeing is numbers at the moment. Just curious if I'm missing something there, other than grades for each assignment and the bogus total?
ReplyDelete@Bryan: Yes you're supposed to, but I don't want to figure out how to make this work. So:
ReplyDeleteI added an extra column, MyOverall. The grading is as follows:
98 = A+
95 = A
92 = A-
88 = B+
85 = B
82 = B-
78 = C+
75 = C
72 = C-
Note that your score will be exactly one of these numbers: This is just my way of encoding your grade. This isn't actually what your score was :).
cannot access the large data sign up page
ReplyDelete@Shopan: Thanks, fixed! (Hit reload)
ReplyDelete